Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Simple DIY - Polished Push Pins


Earlier last week, I saw the idea of painting plain push pins with nail polish to make them more fun on Pinterest. A few days later, I found this sheet of white push pins at an estate sale that was letting everything go for free and decided to take them home and paint them! Although the example I saw on Pinterest used only a few colors for all of the pins, I decided to do each of them a different color! It went very quickly - just put a blob of the polish on the push pin and spread it around, let it dry for a bit, then put a blob of shiny topcoat to make them all smooth and shiny.

I used mine to put some of my favorite magazine photos of some beautiful actresses,singers,and models on a bulletin board in my bedroom. I love the way it turned out!

3 comments:

  1. That is so stinking cool! I have to try that out now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious to know how the nail polish has held up. Has the paint chipped at all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It hasn't, but I also don't really move them around much!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...